What is yii?
Yii is a generic Web programming framework, meaning that it can be used for developing all kinds of Web applications using PHP. YII is an acronym for “Yes It Is!“.Yii is a free, open-source Web application development framework written in PHP5. As i discussed in my previous post Welcome to codingbin like all other frameworks YII also follows the MVC (Model, View, Controller) architectural pattern and promotes code organization based on that pattern. You can download the yii from Here or can check latest release from official website Yii Download
Main advantages of yii are
- Easy and fast implementations for both web applications and API’s.
- Yii is a high performance, component-based PHP framework for rapidly developing modern Web applications.
- Yii offers many ready to use features like Active records for both relational and noSql databases,List view, Grid view , query builders and many more advantages
- RESTful API development support.
- Yii is extremely extensible. We can use extensions to extends the functionality of the application . here is the link to download the extensions
Yii currently has two major versions available: 1.1 and 2.0. Version 1.1 is the old generation . Version 2.0 is a complete rewrite of Yii, working the latest technologies and protocols, including Composer, namespaces, and many more advance features.
yii requires PHP 5.4.0 or above. To use yii we need to know about the OOP (object oriented programming) as yii is a fully OOP based framework . Yii 2.0 also makes use of latest features of PHP like namespace
Gii Extension for Yii
Gii extensions is the most powerful feature of YII . We can generate code using this extension without write anything . We can enable Gii by configuring it in the modules property of the application.
More from my site
Are you want to get implementation help, or modify or extend the functionality of this script? Submit paid service request